Tuesday 2 January 2018

Choose To Shine

Hi and welcome to my first post for 2018. Today I am showcasing Eileen Hull's Book and Pages, Trinket Box and Frame Scoreboards XL Die.
I opted to use the frame element this time around. This die is so versatile and has so many options. If you would like to see my previous post using this die and a completely different look, you can see that HERE.
I die cut the frame element from mountboard and from black card. The mountboard gives extra dimension to my design. I embossed the black card with Eileen's Daisy Wreath Textured Impressions Folder. I then highlighted all the fabulous embossing with wax and dry brushed with gold paint to highlight further.
I die cut the flowers from black card using Eileen's Stitchy Flowers and Leaf Thinlits Die, applying wax to the edges of the flower and I also included a gold bead to the centre of each.
I also included the floral arch piece die cut using Eileen's Floral Arch and Words Thinlits Die, die cut from white card and painted with gold paint.
I added some faux stitching around the aperture and around the outside edge of the card. I added a clay face to the centre of my aperture and a smaller face behind my flowers. Both faces were painted with black paint and then highlights added with wax.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed my first post for 2018.

Tracy
xxx



19 comments:

Diana said...

it's wonderful Tracy!!! i am just starting to use waxes and such and i love this shared idea on how to use it with Embossing Folders!! that clay mask is amazing!! xo

Dorthe said...

Gorgeous journal, Tracy, -and love the front , with the masks ,and flowers. The was looks wonderful, and love the quote and your colors .
Hugs, Dorthe

Cec said...

You are so clever at seeing alternative ways to use the dies. This is gorgeous.
Hugs!
Cec

Corrie Herriman said...

What a great start to 2018 Tracy ! Love it !
Corrie x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh Tracy you really do know how to compose projects bringing new colour ways together. A beautiful creation to begin the New Year. Wishing you another fantastically creative year ahead.
Hugs Tracey xx

Redanne said...

Tracy, my friend, I love how you used the trinket box lid - the embossing is beautiful, the colours are gorgeous, I just love the whole design - especially the fabulous face/head!! Hugs, Anne xx

Kate Yetter said...

Beautiful details Tracy! I love the face and fibers. These dies by Eileen are so cool! I got one for Christmas because of your inspiring projects. Can't wait to start cutting.
Happy New Year!
Kate

Annie said...

A great start to your creations in 2018 Tracy xx Wishing you a very Happy New Year xx It has been lovely to view your makes in 2017 an I look forward to viewing more inspiration in 2018

Hugs Annie xx

mamablitger said...

Tracy what a fabulous way to start 2018 with this awesome project. I LOVE what you created. It looks so elegant and I love that you kept it rather simple.... meaniing not too many layers, not too many different items. But clean and simple. In that way each element stands out. You are so talented and I’m happy that you share so many gorgeous projects. It is such a great way to pick up inspiration .... from your blog. Thank you !
Hugs from Monica
Spain

Pamellia said...

Hi Tracy. Another gorgeous creation! Just wanted to say Happy New Year!! I hope you and yours had a wonderful holiday! Thank you so much for all of your support and inspiration in 2017. May 2018 be a year of crafting, friendship and good health!! sending hugs :)

hazel said...

A wonderful and inspirational first post for 2018, I love it.
xxx Hazel.

Jackie PN said...

What a cool piece Tracy! I love the extra embellies you added!
May 2018 be a year full of only the best things for you and your family!
Is it cold there? We are heading below 0 for the nest 3 or 4 days days! Keep warm with your pup around that stove!
sending warm hugs,Jackiexx

craftytrog said...

This is fabulous Tracy!
Happy 2018!
Alison xox

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Fabulous combination of die cuts - love the effect of the wax! Gorgeous!

Maggi said...

Love the wax, love how you used the trinket frame too!!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous Tracy! The flowers are outstanding! Wishing you a creative and Happy New Year! Chrisx

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

The first thing I thought of when I saw this lovely piece was Janus, the Roman god of the New Year. I don't know if that is what you had in mind, but it certainly works for your first post of 2018.

The details here are lovely. Your stitchy flowers with the beaded centers are so elegant. I love the use of wax with paint. Leaves a lovely effect. I simply must save my pennies and grab this trinket box. I think I would use it all the time. Thanks for sharing this lovely inspiration. Happy New Year!

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Tracy, the gold wax on the black looks amazing. Have a very happy and creative 2018. Sue xx

Craftychris said...

Love how you have used the die! This is beautiful! xxx