Monday 19 June 2017

We are Fearless, Independent and Original

I decided to take a break from magazine commissions and create a card using Tim Holtz Distress Crayons.
I began by die cutting the Wildflowers from white card and then adhering them to a piece of white card. I then added Paste over the Linen Layering Stencil and allowed to dry completely. I added a light coat of Gesso over the top, this gives a good base for the Distress Crayons and they blend beautifully.
I added a touch of Crackle Paste to give a further layer of interest. I love how the crayons settle into the cracks and highlight them further.
I blended the Distress Crayons with my finger and with a damp baby wipe, Ilove how some of the crayon settles into the crevices of the die cuts highlighting the detail further. I added a Chitchat sticker sentiment and layered onto a piece of black card.
The circle pieces are from Tim's Tag and Bookplate die the circle reinforcement piece for the tag, I thought they added a touch more detail and dimension to the design.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x

11 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Just beautiful Tracy, glad I came over for a closer look as it's shown up all that crackled detail which I adore. Love the chosen colours and such an apt use of words.. I love it! Hugs Tracey xx

froebelsternchen said...

Just BEAUTIFUL!!!

Words and Pictures said...

So lovely - the gentle colours are really pretty, and I love how the crayons work over the crackle texture.
Alison x

Brenda Brown said...

Gorgeous colours and textures, the crackle looks amazing xxx

Brechtje said...

So simple and yet so beautiful. You make me think about other ideas.thanks.

Redanne said...

Well done for taking a break Tracy! This is so delicately beautiful, I love the soft tones and wonderful crackles! Hugs, Anne xx

Marci said...

Beautiful!

Juls said...

Love the texture xx

Julia Aston said...

wonderful colors, textures and crackle!! Julia xx

windycindy said...

What color crayons, did you use, please?
Many thanks, Cindi

A Pink said...

Lovely tones of colour and gentle crackle and texture . Love the drama the black chitchat stickers and black mount bring to the finished card .
hugs x