Tuesday 1 November 2016

Eileen Hull Collaborates with DCWV

For the month of November the Eileen Hull Design Team and DCWV are collaborating with a month long blog hop.
The majority of papers we were sent were Christmas but I wanted to use one of the papers to show that they can also be used in other ways not just Christmas and this paper used in the background was perfect for a masculine card.
I began with a piece of the DCWV paper which is fantastic quality and distressed the edges with my scissors and then applied Hickory Smoke Distress Ink to the edges.
I then placed the Tim Holtz Stripes Layering Stencil over the paper and then applied DecoArt Media Crackle Paste over the top.
I tore some of the edges to give a distressed feel to the background and then allowed the Crackle Paste to dry completely.
I added Tissue Tape for further added interest and added a few sprinkles of Infusions from PaperArtsy which I then spritzed with water to give an aged feel to the background.
I then die cut Eileen Hull's Luggage Tag from thick white card and then embossed it with Eileen Hull's Waffle Embossing Folder; colouring the embossed area with Hickory Smoke Distress Ink to highlight the texture.
I added Remnant Rubs for an added layer of interest along with some Rusty Tin Wire around the image to act as a spotlight to the focal image.
I added a vintage image behind Eileen's Luggage Tag, I love using vintage imagery in my artwork. I also included two vintage pen nibs for further interest.


I hope you can join us in our month long blog hop. I will be popping back next week with a Christmas design. My fellow Design Team Members have some wonderful ideas to inspire you along the journey.

Thanks so much. Tracy x x

14 comments:

brenda said...

A fabulous grungy background with the crackle Tracy and a super masculine card.

B x

Unknown said...

Oh my - what an INCREDIBLE vintage Gentleman's Gentlemans card Tracy. You are so right the DCWV paper is the PERFECT background. Love the crackle, measures, the rusty wire and the nibs...things that remind me of my DH all wrapped up in one SUPER FINE card. Xj.

Barbara said...

Love love love this background Tracy! The neutral shades are stunning in this work! Amazing! BArbara

Corrie Herriman said...

This is fabulous Tracy ! I love it !
Corrie xx

Redanne said...

This is fabulous Tracy and takes the beautiful DCWV papers to another level! Love how you made a masculine card, the papers are so versatile! Hugs, Anne xx

Beth F. said...

What a fantastic vintage card! I love the distressing and that crackle paste. Very cool!

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous background, love all the textures and crackle, a perfect masculine card.
Avril xx

Sue said...

This is fabulous Tracy, you make it look so easy when really there is so much thought and attention to detail in all your pieces xx

eileen hull said...

This piece is amazing Tracy- right down to the crackle paste and old photo. Very original and as always fabulous!

Lisa said...

Oh wow, Tracy, this is amazing!! I absolutely love the texture you added with the crackle paste!! The photo is awesome and I love how you framed it with the rusty wire!! This is spectacular!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Julia Aston said...

Love the crackled stenciling and the wonderful rusted metal circles Tracy! Julia xx

A Pink said...

Fabulous card ! Tracy . Love the textured stenciling and how it works so well with the tissue tape lines and in contrast to the rusty wire circles .
Great card
hugs x

Migdalia said...

Wonderful background!! Fantastic!!

Jean said...

Such amazing details!