Thursday 11 February 2016

SOAR

Today I am showcasing the Birds of a Feather stamp set from Artistic Outpost, available from Our Daily Bread Designs.
I began by applying an old book page to a piece of white card using Gel Medium. I then placed three die cut circles onto the text background and then brayered paint over the top using South Pacific and Hey Pesto Fresco Finish Paints and I then removed the die cut circles to reveal the text apertures.
I stamped each of the circles with an image from the Birds of a Feather stamp set using Black Archival Ink and then added a touch of shading with coloured pencils, using only a light touch.
I added the "SOAR" sentiment from the Quote and Quotables stamp set, using only part of the sentiment, stamping with Forget-me-not Archival Ink.
I used a Stabilo All black pencil to add shading and to highlight each of the circles.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x


13 comments:

Juliz Design Post said...

These little birds look fab nested onto the book page and loving your background. Great card.
Julie x

Pamellia said...

This is fabulous Tracy! I just love bird images and this one is so lovely! I love the book page background and the beautifully blended colours! I've been whisked away to a warm spring day!! Love it. hugs :)

SewPaperPaint said...

Love these circles of interest, what a great concept! This is gorgeous! Love the stamps!!! <3

Corrie Herriman said...

This card is totally gorgeous. I love the apertures with the birds, great idea !
Corrie xoxo

Redanne said...

Love how you used the bookprint Tracy and the little bird is delightful. Gorgeous backgroud too. Hugs, Anne xx

Kaz Hall said...

gorgeous colour combo Tracy, beautiful x

kaz x

Anonymous said...

There is a gorgeous freshness to this card, maybe it is the colour palette but also the use of the stamps.
It's really so beautiful!
Wishes
Lynne

Brenda Brown said...

I love the contrast of the images in circles over that fabulous background Tracy.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs Brenda xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Really love how you preserved the text bubbles, and the birds look gorgeous in them.
Alison xx

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous mixed media! I love the circles around the birds.

Julia Aston said...

what a pretty design with the spotlight cut outs - lovely colors and stampings! Julia xx

hazel said...

This is fabulous, the little birds are lovely.
xxx Hazel.

Annie said...

Love this Tracy x Great images/layout but my favourite is the little birds x

TFS and best wishes
Annie x