Thursday 3 September 2015

Friendship

Welcome to my weekly post for Artistic Outpost and today I am using the fabulous Springtime stamp set once again.
I cut a piece of card 5" x 5", spritzed with water and then brayered over the surface lightly with Mermaid Lagoon Distress Paint. I then ran my brayer through a small amount of Fired Brick Distress Paint and brayered lightly over the card, making sure both layers are still visible.
I then added a further layer, applying Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink through a stencil and a few touches of the same stencilling but with Black Soot Distress Ink. I stamped the two children onto the card with Black Archival Ink and then stamped them a second time onto a separate piece of card, cut them out and then added to the card, this gives a shadow to the image by stamping the image in the background first.
I thought the 'Friendship' sentiment from the Skating Emporium stamp set was perfect for this card. I also added a few delicate splatters of Fired Brick Distress Paint for added interest.
I coloured their faces with a Distress Marker and added a few more splatters.
I also included some stamping and stencilling to the inside of the card.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

5 comments:

Yvonne Garner said...

Wow, wow, wow!

Corrie Herriman said...

Love this card, great background.
Corrie x

Juliz Design Post said...

Fabulous background and I love your accents on the inside.
Hugs, Julie x

Candy C said...

Really pretty, Tracy. Love your AO stamped children! Such a cute stamp and a wonderful application of it on this card. I love the bright colors of your background and the black matting! <3 Candy

Deb said...

Beautiful Tracy, love your colour palette and those children are so sweet, what a great stamp! Love how you have continued the images and colours inside your card as well, thanks so much for sharing it! Deb xo