Wednesday 29 April 2015

Seeing Double

I decided to play along with A Vintage Journey challenge today, the theme of "through the looking glass" had me pulling out products I had not used for a while which is always fun.
I began with a piece of Tim Holtz textured surfaces which I matted onto a piece of corrugated card, perfect textural piece for my design. I applied Wendy Vecchi Crackled Texture Paste trough Tim Holtz Splotches Layering Stencil to add yet further texture and another layer to my design.
I die cut two mirrors from Speciality Stamping Paper using Tim Holtz Deco Mirror Die and coloured with Archival Re-inkers. I then die cut a second circle from Speciality Stamping Paper and stamped the face image onto each using Tim Holtz Nature Walk stamp set. I die cut a third layer from Clearly For Art and stamped mirror image onto the front using StazOn ink. I also added Remnant Rubs for added interest.
From this picture you can see the crackle a lot clearer. I also included Black Embossing Paste applied through Tim Holtz Dot Fade Layering Stencil.
I also included a flash card which I aged with Distress Inks and added a Remnant Rub, clip and number brad along with a piece of film strip ribbon. I also added a vintage optical lense stamped with the bird from the Nature Walk stamp set.
Thank so much for stopping by, hope you like my interpretation of the challenge.

I would also like to enter this into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge which this time around is "Anything Goes".

Tracy x x x



12 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Love your mirror images! I had to come over and see hoping I hadn't seen your project and inadvertently done something similar. :) Beautiful project Tracy! Love the canvas and all the beautiful embellishments!

Samra said...

Amazing project!!! Love the images in the mirror!

Astrid Maclean said...

Such a fab little canvas Tracy, love how you used the mirrors, the whole thing is so imaginative and fun! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at AVJ!

massofhair said...

Beautiful project Tracy, so much lovely texture, i thought the copper circles were old pennies until i looked closer lol. So many wonderful layers and great colours, so much to see and enjoy :-) xxx

Redanne said...

A fantastic project Tracy, I love how you used the hand mirrors - very clever and the embossing in the background looks amazing on the textured surface. Thanks so much for joining in at A Vintage Journey. Hugs, Anne xx

Deb said...

Wow Terry that is wonderful! Love how you used the mirror image and added all those lovely layers of texture and embellishments. So much to see here, it is fab!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This is such a great creation! I always enjoy seeing your work because it has so many clever details. There is so much to like, but I especially love what you did with the "photo" flashcard. I like how it's so weathered and how you added the "limited edition" notation. This whole piece is stellar and I love how you incorporated encouraging sentiments on the handles of the mirrors. Fabulous work, as always, and I'm so glad you shared it with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Jenny Marples said...

That is SO clever Tracy! Love the ideas and textures you've combined. Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey, Jenny x

Corrie Herriman said...

Love this. yummy texture and layers !
Corrie x

Words and Pictures said...

Ooh, so clever with the reverse stamping! Brilliant mirroring, and I love the warm honey tones too.
Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
Alison xx

Julia Aston said...

What a super cool creation Tracy! love all the 'mirror' pieces on this - all the wonderful texture and colors Thanks for joining us in the AVJ challenge!

Pamellia said...

Another amazing design Tracy! The burlap base is fabulous and the crackled dots work so well with your theme! Love the images you used in your mirrors, love it all!! hugs :)