Thursday 26 February 2015

Stampendous / Eileen Hull ATB Blog Hop

We have a fabulous blog hop for you this week combining two great product ranges,Stampendous and Eileen Hull Dies.
http://www.stampendous.com/

There are fabulous prizes on offer too; three random winners will be chosen from all the blogs participating in the hop and from the randomly drawn winners there will also be one winner of a GRAND PRIZE. Two of the winners will receive Stampendous PenPattern Petal and PenPattern Flutter cling stamps, just like you’ll see on Kristine Reynolds amazing ATB sample. They’ll also receive enough pre-cut, premium matboard from Sizzix to make two boxes of your own, plus some extra pieces for fiddly bits! The GRAND PRIZE winner will receive the stamps as above, a whole package of matboard, AND the Sizzix die to cut your own ATB boxes!The comment deadline for the hop is Sunday March 8th 2015.
I decided to decorate two ATB's (Artist Trading Blocks) using Eileen Hull's fabulous Block Cube Die and  Blocks/Cubes Die (which has the smaller ATB), combined with images from Stampendous; Camera Elements, Vintage Press and Typewriter Alphabet stamp sets.
I also used another new product, to me anyway, AquaTint Inks, which I used to colour my background and then stamped the vintage camera image using Black Archival Ink. I also included a monocle and vintage pen nib adding rub on's to the top of the monocle for added interest.
I die cut letters from mountboard and then coloured with Cornflower Blue Archival Ink and then added the coordinated embossing powder, removing some of the powder from the edges to give an aged feel. I also included a vintage knob to open the smaller ATB to house a small gift, jewellery or chocolate perhaps.
I added stamping from the Vintage Press stamp set to this side of my ATB, I love the mix of vintage images. Again the background has been coloured with AquaTint inks.
Further stamping has been added to the smaller block using the Vintage Press stamps.
I have stamped the Typewriter Alphabet to the top of my block, keeping all the letters in place and using as a large stamp rather than separating each one.
To complete, I added a telephone embellishment and rubbed over some of the areas of the embellishment with silver wax.

Should you get lost along the way Stampendous will post a “cumulative” link list of links so far on Saturday, February 28th and Saturday, March 7th. Then you can check your progress. Simply stop by the Stampendous blog for more details.


The blogs participating today are:



Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x x

Shop Stampendous  *  Stampendous Blog
Follow Stampendous:  Facebook * Twitter * Pinterest * Instagram


Eileen Hull Blog  *  Shop Eileen Hull Sizzix Dies
Follow Eileen Hull: Facebook * Twitter * Pinterest * Google +* Instagram


The Artists on the Block Blog
Follow The Artists on the Block: Facebook * Twitter * Pinterest



48 comments:

A Pink said...

Fabulous! Tracy Love how the lush green pops against the black n those letters work really well . love em !

Pamellia said...

Wow Tracy, just gorgeous! LOVE these vibrant greens in all of their splattery glory! Not sure how you manages to get those letters to stand up like that, but I love it! Amazing ATB project! hugs :)

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Wow wow wOOw Tracy! Your ATB looks amazing! I am always drawn to the fabulous effect created by matching bright green with black and your inkilicious background just rocks! Beautiful work my friend and I too am so happy we're playing together in this blog hop. Big hugs from wet Oxfordshire xx

Unknown said...

Just when I thought i saw my favorite...I look at the next designer and think....this is my favorite..lllove the green ...love the layered boxes!!

Ginger said...

Lovely stack of ATB's . C xx

HelenM said...

so cool!

Lea said...

OMG! I love all the fun "Elements" you used for this. Great colors, awesome design! Love it!

Mary Holshouser said...

I like the idea of putting several boxes together to get some height.
Love the vintage look of the piece.
thanks for sharing a great box.

Yolanda said...

Gorgeous...I love all the elements.

barbara macaskill said...

I love that you made a tower and your colors and images are awesome!! Such a great conversation piece to leave on your desk! WOW! TFS!

Cathy - CMP Designs said...

Love it!! The green is wonderful!

Iris said...

Love the vintage look.
isoscia at aol dot com

massofhair said...

Liking the Aqua Tints the more i see of them. Fabulous ATB's, lots of fun elements :-)

Anonymous said...

I love the old fashioned phone and the use of 2 sizes of blocks also the 'art' on top makes it pop!

Jean said...

So cool! Love the colors!

Stampendous said...

Incredible project, Tracy! And the green is just yummy!!! Love the rich colors, the art theme and the gorgeousness of your whole piece here! Thanks so much for playing with us this week!

Pam Hornschu said...

Great project!

Viki Banaszak said...

This is awesome! I love the word art at the top. It has such a great enamelware look to it.

Rebecca said...

Okay, now I am having trouble picking my fav from this blog block hop. I had never heard of trading blocks but I think I will enjoy making some. Thanks for the inspiration

Noreen said...

I love the look you achieved using the vintage items! You used a beautiful shade of green for it, too.

Noreen
Crafty Journal

Tenia Nelson said...

Super duper FUN!!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous! I love the color!

D.Ann C said...

Fab bright and fun stack!

Suzanne C said...

Fantastic Tracy! Love the colors and of course your cool embellishments!

Unknown said...

Love the vintage stamps and the vibrant colors. Well done!

Jean Bullock said...

Oh, I love this. You used such great techniques and I love the embellishment you added. Great job on the art letters.

cghundley said...

Wonderful creation.
Great stamping on
it and love the
colors!
Carla from Utah

experiments in paper said...

Ooohh!! LOVE your colors and stamps....and the different sizes of boxes. Such wonderful inspiration - thank you!! xx Lynn

McStamper said...

What a fabulous project.

christi said...

what a cool tower with all of it's old timey elements.

Wyvern said...

Great tower! Love the color and the vintage images. Thanks so much!

Lisa H said...

Fabulousness Tracy!!!! =)

Kirsten said...

Wow, that's gorgeous. I love the colours & the vintage elements work perfectly.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Just fabulous - especially love those blue letters on top!

Ina Good said...

very colorful great vintage atc box

LChippy76 said...

S W E E T - LOVE The Elements !!!

Sharon said...

Phones, typewriters, cameras - Action!! This project is full of energy and fun. The black pops off the green. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Unknown said...

Everything about this is so sweet. I love the color, and the stamps and embellishments. The phone and the monacole are genius.

Tracy Welham said...

Fantastic! The little telephone embellishment is aweseome! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Bunny said...

I love black, green and white. The creation of an antique block is beautiful. My husband works for the phone company and his Aunt who recently passed took pictures in her younger years with the old Brownie cameras. This is a great creation.

Sue D said...

Love the colors, vintage images and the telephone.

Unknown said...

Fab colour combination!

MaryBeth said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the whole design, and the colors just pop. Love it.

dyeandpigment said...

Love your creation and it is my favorite color...green. Very artsy.

Meme said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors, the stamps and how you put it all together! As always Tracy fabulous work!

inkedx2 said...

This is a work of "Art" that reflects your style. Lots to look at on all the boxes. Thanks for a chance at the drawing.

Steph Ackerman said...

Wow, love it - gorgeous.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Wonderful project. TFS