Thursday 31 July 2014

Compendium of Curiosities 3 Challenge

Over at Studio L3 Linda has challenged us to use the Painted Industrial Technique and I am just getting in under the wire! I love this technique and enjoyed just playing and enjoying the process along the way. I decided to create a dimensional industrial card. The background uses the technique from Tim Holtz book and I die cut an oval from the centre of my piece using the sized oval die and I added five layers to give added dimension.
From this picture you can see the layers I added to give a niche effect. I also added some chicken wire from my garden to add to the industrial feel along with a monocle with the repeat image, adding a heart charm for added interest. I also included a 'found' Chitchat sticker coloured with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.
A word band and arrow have been included all painted with a touch of Black Soot Distress Paint. I also added a few jump rings for added interest, simply adhering them to the background, I think they add wonderfully to the masculine industrial feel.
Remnant Rubs have also been included and I have added my dimensional piece to corrugated card for added texture.
I found the Clipboard Clip in my collection and I knew I had to add it to my design, again coloured with a touch of Black Soot Distress Paint, adding Label Letters to add 'found' to the clip along with a vintage key.
The Compendium Of Curiosities Team have some fabulous inspiration for you so why not pop along a take a look and be inspired along the way.

There is also a very generous prize on offer for the winner. A huge thank you to Inspiration Emporium for sponsoring the challenge too.



Thanks so much for stopping by, I always appreciate your comment. Tracy x x




28 comments:

Amanda said...

Brilliant dimensional piece demonstrating fabulous TH techniques - love it!
Love
Amanda x

Rita said...

Wow Tracy. This looks wonderful. All those different techniques and textures just stand out. Love it. Hugs Rita xxx

barbarayaya62 said...

A wonderful piece! Chicken wire is a great idea! Colors and details are perfect ! Gorgeous as always! BArbarayaya

Anneke said...

Wonderful card. Love the detailing. Beautiful work.
Just keep on looking there is so much to see.
Thanks for showing this master piece Anneke.

toni said...

This is fabulous Tracy. Love the way you have created the niche and the repeated image in the monocle . So many lovely elements to this gorgeous piece! Thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog . It is very much appreciated . Xx

Denise Fletcher said...

It looks fantastic Tracy. How was the background made to look that way?

Anonymous said...

Sensational - this is a piece to remember with the way you combined the elements and the gent as the focal.
Wonderful composition.
Wishes
Lynne

Jenny Marples said...

I don't know who he is or what he's done but there's no escape! Love that use of wiring with the painted industrial background. Jenny x

Mary Elizabeth said...

I love it all!!!!! The chicken wire and the repeated image in the monocle is AWesome! Brilliant inspiration your "found" here Tracy!! -- Mary Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Tracy OMG what a brilliant piece! I love it and now I want one for myself. BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT! Karen.x

Astrid Maclean said...

Totally brilliant Trace, I absolutely love this! All those layers, the chicken wire, the whole composition, fantastic, I love it!!!

Vic's Creations! said...

Love your project! It's so industrial. Love all the interesting textures and objects. It speaks to me!

Redanne said...

I think this piece has moved to the top of my all time favourites from you Tracy. It definitely has an industrial feel to it, you have embellished it perfectly too. I just want to keep going back to look and then I see something new....... love this! Anne xx

Cardgenie said...

Tracy, this is amazing!!!! I totally love the chicken wire - fantastic idea. The whole piece really sums up the industrial look - fabulous. Thanks for the inspiration. Jean.x

hazel said...

Another amazing piece Tracy, there's so much to look at - it's brilliant.
xxx Hazel.

JanBianchi said...

Love your industrial piece orignial and well done.
Kudos.

Bribrie said...

Une vraie petite merveille, j'adore !

Hels Sheridan said...

This is a WOW creation Tracy, LOVE it! Hey, if you link the challenge sponsor, Inspiration Emporium, on your post you can be entered into the giveaway, I would hate you to miss out hun x Thanks for playing along with the CC3 Challenge and hope to see you again soon x

Candy C said...

Tracy...oh my goodness! This piece is amazing! You have perfected the painted industrial technique. It looks fabulous on your patches of metal covering this amazing piece. The oval cut out and then the Found Relative photograph behind it is genius. I love the wire on top of it as well. That adds so much dimension and interest. Just amazing what a little piece of wire can do, isn't it? WOW! Your other added embellishments are perfect placed. I love the rubons, the monocle with the dangling heart, the arrow...gosh EVERYTHING! This truly is a work of art, Tracy. I love it! Thanks for sharing this with all of us at CC3C. <3 Candy

Annette Green said...

Tracy, this masterpiece of yours must have fallen from Idea-ology Heaven. It's amazing and so full of metallic goodness and texture. I LOVE the added wired mesh across the piece. Something I wouldn't have thought of, but LOVE! I love everything about this creation. Fantastic job!

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Tracy! What a fabulous industrial themed project! All the texture and embellishments look outstanding! Thanks for the never ending inspiration!

Karin said...

This looks fabulous Tracy. I love your added piece of wire mesh it fits in perfectly with this theme.

Lynn Stevens said...

Blew me AWAY!!!
Every time I stop by I'm in Awe of your creativity Tracy.
More like Gob-Smacked!!
hugs Lynn

Words and Pictures said...

An absolutely amazing creation with the technique - so many brilliant details... the Remnant Rubs look beyond cool, and I love the black altered metal pieces, and the chicken wire over the portrait is just genius! Fantastic!
Alison xx

Belinda Basson said...

I really love the monocle with the face in it, almost like a magnifying glass. Great embossing folder you used for the background too. So much texture and layering going on here that it is a feast for the eyes.

Kay Wallace said...

Just amazing work!

Kay Wallace said...

Just amazing work!

Claudia N. said...

This is wonderful! I came here via Marjie's Tuesday's Texture feature to admire all the yummy texture en detail!!!!

So much to find, so much to see! LOVE it!

Claudia x