Thursday 1 May 2014

BLOOM

Today sees the start of a new challenge with Katzelkraft, and the challenge this month is ANYTHING GOES. The only rules are that you use Katzelkraft images in your designs. There is also a fabulous prize on offer of 15 euros. The Challenge closes on the 25th of each month and a new challenge begins on the 1st of each month. Simply add your design to the blog post HERE. We look forward to seeing what you create.

I am showcasing the fabulous BUTTERFLIES 04 stamp set.
The background has been created by applying a book page to a tag cut using the Tag and Bookplate Die. I then coloured the background with Spun Sugar and Peeled Paint Distress Paint, applying the paint to a non-stick craft sheet spritzing with water and then mopping up the paint with the tag. I used a baby wipe to remove paint from some of the areas and to smudge a little too.
I then added some background stamping using Black Archival Ink and then stamped the Echinacea image with Black ink and added white highlights with a white pen.
I also added a touch of Wendy Vecchi's Crackled Texture Paste to the bottom coner of my tag for a touch more texture and interest. I also added a bird to the letter 'B' for bloom, adding a touch of Spun Sugar Distress Paint to the letter to blend with the background.
I used Tim Holtz Worn Text Alphabet to add BLOOM to the top of my tag, adding Black Archival Ink around the edges for definition. To complete I added faux stitching with a black pen.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

Katzelkraft Blog
Katzelkraft Shop

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning Tracy, gorgeous Tag, I love ♥ it. x

JansArtyJunk said...

Beautiful Tracy...Love the touch of crackle :)

hazel said...

A beautiful tag.
xxx Hazel.

Netty said...

Love your tag, Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

steffi said...

Great tag Tracy - as always!!

rachel said...

your tag is gorgeous xx

carol edwards said...

Lovely tag Tracy great background. The little birdie just finishes it off. X

STAMP ENJOY said...

Really successful this tag. The cracked captures on your background. Sandrine VACHON

Candy C said...

Such a sweet tag, Tracy. Love the subtle little random stamping in the background. The color of your tag is so pretty and that little bird... Darling! <3 Candy

Redanne said...

Not sure how I missed this beautiful tag Tracy, it is so pretty, I love the background and the little Wendy bird is such a perfect finishing touch. Anne x

Dianne said...

Hello Miss Tracy, you make the most unique gorgeous bows anywhere, I really looooooove them, I just adore those colors blended together, and the crow is too sweet, thanks for sharing and hope you have a wonderful week, ((( BIG HUGS )))...

Words and Pictures said...

An absolute delight - love the little added tag, and the stamping on the book text is gorgeous. Always a joy catching up here!
Alison xx