Thursday 3 April 2014

SO SPECIAL

Welcome to my weekly Thursday blog post for Katzelkraft.
This week I am showcasing the fabulous SO SPECIAL plate. The backdrop of my card has been created using Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink, flicking the ink with water to give bleached out areas to the background. I have also used the Harlequin Layering Stencil to add further interest to the backdrop.
The clock which I have stamped with Black Archival Ink is also included on this plate, another wonderful detailed image. I have added dimension to areas of the clock using some of the cut out pieces from the die cut lattice pieces I have added.
I love adding pieces of the die cut lattice to my designs at the moment, it gives subtle interest to a design without overpowering. The focal image has been stamped onto a banner using Black Archival Ink and coloured with Distress Inks. I stamped the image twice, once directly onto the background and then onto the banner, aligning the banner image with the background stamped image.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

Katzelkraft Blog
Katzelkraft Shop

9 comments:

rachel said...

great techniques Tracy - fabulous piece xx

Carol Q said...

he's definitely a bit creepy that monkey but he makes a fab card with all your added layers and stamping.

Rita said...

Fabulous creation Trace. Not sure about the monkey Hugs Rita xxxxx

Redanne said...

The composition on this delightful piece is wonderful. I love how you added pieces of the die to the clock, very clever and it gives it some wonderful dimension. I love the monkey, he is a real cheeky chappy! Anne xx

carol edwards said...

Hi Tracy lots going on here, love all the backgrounds and textures. He is rather a cheeky monkey x

Cheryl said...

The monkey is a little creepy, but I love the overall design--especially the bleached areas and harlequin stencil. :)

Lynn Stevens said...

Hi Tracy,
What a cool card.
That image so reminds me of a movie many years ago. The planet of the apes. Don't know if you had heard of it??
Love how you used the lattice frame work.
Hugs Lynn

P.s, your kitchen is looking amazing!!!

Juls said...

Fab card!!! Hugs Juls

Words and Pictures said...

So cool - the monkey looks fabulous on the banner, and I love those clock numbers on the diamonds!
Alison x