Thursday 15 November 2012

Vintage Christmas

As Christmas seems to be drawing ever closer I decided to create a few more Christmas cards and this time around I have used the Snowy Woods plate from Artistic Outpost.
I was in the mood for more of a vintage feel to my Christmas makes this week and the Santa from the Snowy Woods plate is perfect for my focal image on this card, the detail is fabulous and I love the traditional feel to him, just how Santa should look!
My background is created with Distress Stains antiqued bronze and tarnished brass, this is the first time I have used these and I have to say I love the colours and the sheen you get. I applied my colours to a non-stick craft sheet and mopped the beads of ink up with my card, spritzing with a little water. I also added a snowflake rosette, cut from Kraft card, colouring the edges with a little vintage photo Distress Ink. I also added two rusty stars to the top of my snowflake and added both to a lacy bow.
I added rusty stars to the top and bottom corner of my card along with two wonderful ornate corners to my Santa (the rusty stars and ornate corners are from Linda's Funkie Junkie Boutique) I also cut a banner from Kraft card and added the Happy Christmas sentiment from the Snowy Woods plate.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

15 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh wow this is a wonderful vintage christmas card.
I love the rusty style.
xoxo

Barb Cady said...

Love this card Tracy, the santa is one of my favourites and I love the snowflake you have assembled. Been playing with those stains myself and agree they are fabulous! inspiring work, thank you for sharing. xx

Michelle Webb said...

It's really gorgeous Tracy. The colours are yummy, I love the die snowflake, the stamps and the stars. Whoever gets this card is going to love it! Michelle x

Inkypinkycraft said...

Love the vintage feel , a wonderful Santa , love the stars too
Another fab make trace x

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely love this, Tracy... what a gloriously golden glow, and the rusty hearts are perfect with that rough-hewn Father Christmas figure! I'd been thinking about rust for Christmas - so thank you for showing it works brilliantly!
Alison x

Sandi said...

Gorgeous colors, this card is striking in detail also, hugs

Helen said...

You are getting on well with your Christmas cards for your DT duties, lol!! This one is a particular beauty.

Gillian .... said...

This is gorgeous Tracy, love the yummy vintage tones. x

Alison said...

Stunning card Tracy! I love the snowflake embellishment, & the rusty stars are fab!
Alison xx

Brenda Brown said...

Santa sits beautifully on the lighter background which is scrummy. Love how you have used the snowflake die.
hugs {brenda} xox

Gabrielle said...

Love, love, love this! So shall I take it off your hands?!!!

Candy C said...

Such a lovely vintage Santa stamp that you've so beautifully worked into a gorgeous card, Tracy. I so envy your beautiful card making. <3 Candy

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Catherine SIWCZAK said...

lovely card !

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful golden vintage holiday card! I love the rusty stars and the touch of lace behind the snowflake rosette!