Tuesday 4 October 2011

NOTES

I have created a notebook for my weekly dose of DT work for Creative Expressions using the Vintage Typewriter set by Sam Poole.
My notebook is made from Grungepaper and covered with Tissue Tape, machine stitched and coloured with Distress Ink aged mahogany. I coloured a piece of calico with Distress Ink and machine stitched to my notebook, leaving the frayed edges to add to the aged feel.
The vintage typewriter is stamped onto white card in aged mahogany ink, along with the date stamps and the text NOTE on my typewriter using the alphabet keys that are in the same set. I have also added a mini paper clip to the top of my typewriter. I have used Grungeblocks to add NOTES to the bottom of my notebook, again coloured with Distress Ink.
I have also added some of the fabulous Faux Screw Brads to the side of my book.

I would also like to enter this piece into the colour challenge over at The Play Date Cafe. The weekly inspiration photo is below.
Thanks for stopping by, Tracy x x

16 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Love your notebook! Such a wonderful idea! x

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy
I am definitely a keeper of notebooks, since a child I've loved them.
Great use of the stamps and I like the colours.
Wishes
Lynne

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful way to alter your notebook!

Sandy said...

Oh wow again so wonderful project Tracy.
Love them.

sue law said...

Brillant idea Tracy....the stamps are perfect for it!
Sue
x

hazel said...

Wonderful notebook Tracy.
xxx Hazel.

Paula Whittaker said...

just fab!

Emma Williams said...

Love the notebook, it works so well with the stamps!! Perfect, as always.
Love Emma xx

cheryl said...

oh just love altered note books and just love this one,beautiful work hugs cherylxxxx

Jean Franks Beck said...

Ooooh, I love this! I love the construction of it, the materials - grunge and tape and calico - so textural. And the stamps are so fun!

Stacy said...

This is fabulous, love all the different textures! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous note book Tracy. If you are anything like me you will have so many of them dotted around the house - this one is rather special though.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Michele Gross said...

Certainly is a wonderful project! Glad you joined us at The Play Date Cafe!

Siobhan Fyffe said...

Hi Tracy
I am back. I love your note book. What a great idea!!
Siobhan

Suzanne C said...

Fun notebook! Love that you varied the big Notes with the smaller letters along the side.

Kim Dellow said...

It is a wonderful notebook Tracy! Fabulous work. Kim