Wednesday 10 August 2011

DREAM Book Cover

The challenge over at Crafty Individuals is BRIGHT and BEAUTIFUL so I thought I would get in touch with my more feminine side for a change.
I decided to create a book cover from a sheet of canvas.  The image I thought was perfect for the BEAUTIFUL side of the challenge, plus she appealed as she has red hair just like me LOL.  The image is from a post card that Crafty Individuals sent me with an order so I have image transferred her onto a piece of Calico and added this to the canvas.  The canvas sheet was coloured with lovely BRIGHT colours using DI worn lipstick, mustard seed and spiced marmalade as I felt there was a real ZING to these three colours.
I gathered a piece of fabric and machine sewed this into place along with some co-ordinated wool fibres. I added a lovely brass heart charm to the centre of the fibres to add to that romantic feel. My flowers are once again from GERRI, thank you, a perfect match for this creation.  DREAM was added to the top of the cover using an alphabet set from Papermania.  The stamped floral images at the bottom are from Crafty Individuals CI-262 again stamped onto a piece of canvas using coffee archival ink.
I enjoyed making this piece and it made a lovely change to move away from my more grungy side for a while.

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment, much appreciated.  Enjoy your week, Tracy x x


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracy this is stunning, it really is. I love your reason for using her, yes, us redheads need to stick together lol.
The image transfer has come out beautifully. I also have this postcard and it was my intention to do IT with it at some point, you beat me to it!!
Great use of brights.
Wishes
Lynne

G Peplow said...

Hi Tracy, Fabulous make, unusual colours but they work beautifully. I understand what you mean about the feminine side I felt needed to connect with that side too just recently:0) Gay xxx

Sandy said...

Really really beautiful piece of art Tracy.
Love all the details. Awesome.

Jean Hardy said...

A very beautiful book cover Tracy - lovely image transfer & great colours. Thanks for joining in the challenge. Jean

Emma Williams said...

Beautiful work of art, Tracy and that image is stunning! Lovely work, as always! Thank you for your lovely words over on my blog...it really means a lot! :)
Love Emma xx

flutterbycrafter said...

The colours are great and the image really looks as though she's dreaming, great composition xx

Netty said...

This is fabulous Tracy and the canvas sheet makes a superb book cover. Hugs Annette x

Lori said...

Really beautiful Tracy! Love the colors!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful altered book cover, love the coloring of the image!

hazel said...

A beautiful book cover - I love the images and the colours are lovely.
xxx Hazel.

Jingle said...

Lovely book cover!

Hermine said...

Its so bright and cheerful

Kim Dellow said...

Stunning Tracy! Lovely cover. Kim

craftytrog said...

Dreamily beautiful Tracy! x

Suzanne C said...

Dreamy project! Love the soft colors mixed with the flowers and image.