Monday 6 June 2011

A Sea Of Acetate

The Stampotique Designers Challenge this time around is to use ACETATE in your artwork.  This was a little difficult as I did not have any acetate so I was on the hunt for some packaging and this weekend my husband came home with some discs from work and they were packaged in a pocked which had acetate on the front and that is where my creation began.
The circular piece is the acetate, which is very difficult to photograph as it is a reflective surface.  I stamped Smushallaum onto a piece of glossy card that I coloured with DI broken china, spritzed with water to give that under water feel and added the acetate piece over the top.
I stamped Smushasha in the right hand corner and added a piece of mica over the top adding another dimension of reflective surfaces adding to that under water feel of my piece.
The heart is also a piece of acetate from packaging and I have added the Octopet image to the inside again colouring my piece with broken china ink. I have added the sentiment "Each Life Needs Its Own Quiet Place" and added quiet and place to two circles to give added dimension.
To complete I have added shells and machine stitching and added to a blue square card and sponged the edges with Adirondack snow cap ink.

I am also entering this for The Sunday Stamper challenge which this week is to create with STASH THAT MAKES YOU HAPPY and using Stampotique stamps always makes me smile and I always enjoy the process when I produce something I am happy with.

Enjoy your week, Tracy x x

20 comments:

Jayne C said...

It's beautiful Tracy....absolutely stunning!!! I love the 'under water' effect!! xxx

flutterbycrafter said...

Wow this is stunning, a beautiful piece xx

G Peplow said...

Hi Tracy, Well I think this is fabulous, great colours and what's not to love with the watery greatness that's Smushasha, LOL fabulous indeed, I love it, Gay xxx

Gerri Herbst said...

dear Tracy,
I am in love with this. I love the use of the CD holder and that it allows you such depth. Love the underwater theme too. Such a marvelous piece...one of my all time favs. take care, gerri

Carol Q said...

very very gorgeous Tracy!

Lisa Somerville said...

How fun! Fab collage of images, great use of the challenge! Love the added Mica piece, thanks for playing along with the SDC!

Kaz said...

This is gorgeous Tracy - I always smile when I see your entries to the challenges. Thanks for joining us again x

Basement Stamper said...

This looks fantastic, love the use of the acetate and the MICA chip! Thanks for playing with us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge!

Emma Williams said...

Fabulous, as always and good luck in the challenge! I'll keep my fingers crossed!!
Hope you had a good weekend. Love Emma xxx

Juls said...

gorgeous creative and magical!!! Love it!! Hugs Juls

Willy said...

A wonderful and surprising acetate creation, Tracy! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge # 31.

Lynn Stevens said...

A wonderful seaside creation, almost like a bubble under the Sea. Love your choice of colors as well
hugs Lynn

Gez Butterworth said...

WOW! STUNNING Tracy! Very clever creation :)

Thank you for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

Anonymous said...

A fabulous watery effect achieved with the use of acetate.
Wishes
Lynne

Zue said...

What an interesting piece. I like the sponge too, it adds something to the theme. Very clever, Tracy!
Have a lovely evening.
Sue xx

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday sTamper x

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! I love each and every piece of your card, so stunning! Thanks for joining the Stampotique designer's challenge

Valerie H. Marshall said...

Wow, wow, wow!!! What a GREAT idea!! I have gazillions of those little envelopes and I would NEVER have thought of doing THIS with them! I am going to have to give it a try! Thank you for sharing your inspiration - what a treat!
Val :)

Lynne Phelps said...

What a fabulous underwater effect you've achieved with the spritzed Distress and the acetate! Wonderful!

Suzanne C said...

WOnderful design. Love the layers of details. the acetate is beautiful. I can't believe I haven't been by to comment sooner. I have admired all your creations but been unable to stop by sooner!