Monday 2 August 2010

Grunge Curiosities - Challenge 8

Its time for another Compendium Of Curiosities Challenge with Linda at Studio L3 and this week our challenge is "Inking Grunge", details for all the techniques of which are in the book, page 39. 
My first piece of inked grunge is a Tattered Floral cut from Grungepaper with the inked grunge technique applied.
I decided to make a tag card for the challenge this week.  I simply drew around one of Tim's tags to make my folded card. 
My second piece of inked grunge is the Heart Wings. I cannot give details re the technique but I can give you the details of the products I have used.
Inks:  DI inks - Tea Dye, Tumbled Glass, Victorian Velved.  StazOn - Black, Timber Brown.
Stamps:  Hero Arts Old French Writing H2365, Paperbag Studios Stitched & Tied Sheet, Stampington Plume S7362, Penny Black Moments 2668H, Stampers Anonymous Just Word Art (Wendy Vecchi).
The papers I have used are BasicGrey.
This is the inside of the tag card, I have added stamping, tattered florals, butterfly (Martha Stewart Punch) and some hand stitching.
I have placed the card flat so that you can see more detail.  I love the flowers on the left which were created from the Stitched and Tied sheet.
A matching box completes my contribution this week.  I do enjoy this Compendium of Curiosities Challenge, as it means you revisit the book every week and revisit some great techniques, THANKS Linda.  There are as always some fantastic prizes on offer so why not join me and pop over to Studio L3 to check out some great artwork.  Have a good evening everyone, Tracy x

30 comments:

Zue said...

I love your Grunge flowers and hearts. The colours you have chosen are really delicious. What a good idea to make a card from a tag template.

You are clever...and you have been busy.

Don't distress inks have some crazy names, 'Tumbled Glass' sound positively magical.
Best wishes


Sue xx

Hels Sheridan said...

Totally gorgeous art Tracy... loving those colours and the stitching x

Sherry said...

Your pieces are fabulous Tracy, I love the subtle colours and ... well the grungy-ness of them too!

Helen said...

Stunning, I love it. Just going to get my book out now!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Tracy, WOW! You've gone all out with the gorgeousness! Your inked grunge all looks amazing, and I love the beautiful card you put together! It's wonderful, inside and out, and the hand stitching adds so much character and whimsy. Your winged heart piece is lovely, too, as is your Box of Dreams!

What a fabulous submission! Bravo on your amazing art!

MarleneMAZ said...

They are both fabulous! The flower is just gorgeous.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I got some of that grungepaper for my birthday and have never taken it out of the package. This tag card is very inventive. I like all four sides, but my favorite is the inside flowers. They are just too cute.

Cardarian said...

Lovely tag card tracy! It must have taken you ages to make it with so much detail!
Really lovely!
Hugs,
Cardarian

lena-dailyscrap said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful...!
Love your grunge object and these lollipop - flowers are just the very best!

Carol Q said...

ooh, these are just beautiful Tracy.

Netty said...

Wow Tracy, you really do this fabulously. Love them all, just wonderful.... Annette x

Lori said...

Well, next to your stellar, superb pieces here, mine is really basic...lol... I just love what you've done here Tracy, such a great eye for design... just love it.

Unknown said...

These are just lovely Tracy. The colours are wonderful - and all those elements are just so pretty. Thanks so much for coming to visit! Kerry xx

Gez Butterworth said...

Fabulous idea. Really love the colours you have chosen. Brilliant!
Well done for being so quick! Looks like you had lots of fun. :)
Hope you have a lovely week. Gez.xx

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Tracy, what a master craft!!!!! STUNNING!!!! I really wanted to have a go myself in this week's challenge, I haven't really played with the grunge that much yet but no time unfortunately before off on holiday...oh well! Superb art my Friend! xxx

Terry said...

That is pretty amazing! Love this stunning master piece!

Minxy said...

Wow, you went all out and the results are amazing, great pieces.. every one of them :)

CuddlyBunny said...

This is just unbelievable! Your flowers, colors and embellishments are PERFECT!

Nan said...

Love how you have all these tags going on...you really did some work on this and it was worth it. wonderful!

Lynne Phelps said...

That is more than a card, it is another of your stand-up accordians, just fewer panels! You are still on a roll with these! The tag card is just brilliant and I would say you are doing great with this technique. You tease me about how expensive reading my blog is, but let me tell you the wish list I have built up from YOURS is going to cost me a FORTUNE if I ever get any extra cash to start on it, LOL! The card is OTT (over the top) in the loveliest of ways and then you extended it to a box as well. Gorgeous and inspiring! :-)

minnie_mac said...

What fabulous pieces. Love the colour combos and choice of stamps. Really beautiful.

Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Your tag card is just fabulous Tracy! x

Barbara Mason said...

Beautiful card Tracy- love that you sewed on it too!!

Juls said...

Just gorgeous!! Love how you have used the dies! both creations are just stunning! especially love the pink one! Hugs juls

donna said...

I love the tag card idea and the one you have made is incredible!

Lynn Stevens said...

and you did all these and still didn't make a mess? AMAZING!!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Ooooh, love this set you've made! So beautiful!

Chris Arlington said...

Stunning art!

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Great tag card.. inspiring idea :))

Toni said...

This is just beautiful... great idea to make a tag card... love all the different elements you included... wonderful job !